Just released:“Tackling Youth Employment Challenges” - an introductory guide for Employers’ Organizations.
This guide is part of an ongoing effort of the Bureau for Employers’ Activities to strengthen the capacities of employers’ organizations in dealing with youth employment.
The guide seeks to meet to a demand by employers’ organizations for reference material in an area where they are often called upon to take action, and where they hesitate to do so, for lack of the specific skills needed to analyse the whole issue, or for lack of insight into success stories and good practice in other countries. The guide should be useful for:
• becoming aware of the dimensions of youth unemployment globally and in specific regions;
• understanding the impact youth unemployment has on business;
• making the business case for boosting youth employment, by using economic analysis and labour market data;
• becoming knowledgeable about good practice and experience in many countries concerning youth employment policy;
• assessing existing policies and formulating new policies to increase youth employment
• putting employers’ perspective in policy debate.
The guide is realized in the framework of the ACT/EMP interregional Programme on Social Dialogue and Youth Employment. The programme, coordinated by Ms. Anne-Brit Nippierd, was launched in 2007 and is funded by the Norwegian Government.
To have access to the guide please click here